Here’s my favorite resources for new and advanced skiers to get the gear they need and book the ultimate ski trip.
Best Places to Buy Ski Gear
Here are the best spots to get new skis, boots, goggles and everything else you’ll need:
- Evo.com – Wide selection of ski gear with regular offers.
- REI.com – Outdoor and ski specialists with everything you might need.
- UtahSkis – Awesome selection & 30-day money-back guarantee.
How To Book Cheap Flights
- Skyscanner – I regularly use Skyscanner to find amazing deals on flights.
- Expedia.com – Great alternative for finding airline tickets.
Best Ski Resort Hotel Deals
- Booking.com – Find the best-rated accommodation in every ski resort across the world.
- Expedia.com – Easy car rental search engine.
My Favourite Ski Gear
My personal gear list:
- Base Layer: Ibex merino base layers – so good!
- Mid Layer: Patagonia nano-puff, breathable and warm- I expect it to last another 15 years. I wear it on and off the slopes.
- Outer Layer: My North Face Futurelight ski jacket keeps me warm, dry and happy. Similiar technology to Gore-tex it’s highly breathable and waterproof.
- Ski Pants/Trousers: North Face Futurelight again – warm, light and always dry – love them.
- Ski Goggles: OutdoorMaster ski gogles – awesome clarity, swappable lenses and no fogging.
- Prescription Glasses: RX Insert Optical Adapter – I bought these on Amazon and then sent them off to a eyewear company for them to make the inserts that match my prescription. These then fit easily inside my ski googles.